Credit: Siddharth Bolurker – V-ray scenes converted to Arnold.
What is the Arnold Converter and how do I use it?
- The Arnold Converter experience is based around the Scene converter in 3DS MAX.
- It gives users a chance to update legacy shaders, materials and lights from V-ray & Corona and other legacy constructs found in a default max install and render with Arnold, without having to manually convert everything by hand.
- The Arnold Converter also contains custom OSL shaders, build with the sole purpose of replicating feature sets in the legacy nodes.
Supported features you can convert:
- Vray material
- Vray 2 sided material
- Vray light material to Physical Material & Arnold Material
- Vray Blend Material
- Vray Mtl Wrapper
- Vray Override Material
- Vray color ** This map has been rewritten in OSL
- Vray dirt map
- Vray HDRI map To OSL Uber Bitmap & Arnold Image
- Vray normal map
- Vray Sky
- Vray EdgeTex
- Vray Area light
- Vray portal light
- Vray disc light
- Vray mesh light
- Vray point light
- Corona material
- Corona Layer Material
- Corona FrontBack ** This map has been rewritten in OSL
- Corona AO
- Corona Normal map
- Corona Triplanar
- Corona Color ** This map has been rewritten in OSL
- Corona Bitmap to OSL Uber Bitmap & Arnold Image
- Legacy bitmap to OSL Uber Bitmap & Arnold Image
- Legacy color correct
- Legacy composit map
- Legacy mix map
- Legacy vertex color
- Legacy Output
- Legacy Falloff
- Legacy Checker to OSL Checker
You need to have a Vray NEXT/Corona trial installed, no license needed.
( Access the script files on the github repository HERE )