OSL Programming: How to blur an OSL bitmap
Let’s look at how we can blur an OSL bitmap and calibrate an input spinner so it’s practical to just pull it, instead of dealing with microscopic values we have to type in manually.
- Add an UI entry called myBlur and set it’s default value to 7.0, remember to finish the line with a comma.
- Add the “blur” after the UV lookup in the texture call.
- Add the myBlur/100 after the “blur” seperated with a comma.
- Remember to enable Auto Mip mapping when rendering with Arnold.
- The viewport cannot display this type of blur currently, other methods needed for that.